Join a winning team where what you make, makes a difference!
We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Inspector. The candidate will need to examine parts to make sure they meet quality expectations then assess the final product after production. Their role is to establish an acceptable variation range for products and identify when something fails to meet those requirements. The Quality Inspector must have the ability to effectively complete the essential duties and responsibilities as outlined below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspecting output samples using industry-appropriate methods, such as comparing to standards, measuring dimensions, and examining functionality
- Checking that the assembly or production line adheres to standards and procedures and complying with legal requirements
- Reviewing blueprints and specifications to compare to produced goods
- Recording inspection results by completing reports, summarizing re-works and wastes and inputting data into quality database
- Training the production team on quality control measures to improve product excellence
- Proposing improvements to the production process
- Monitoring the use of equipment to ensure it is safe and discard any that do not meet requirements
- Updating job knowledge by engaging in educational opportunities and regular training
- Keeping measurement equipment operating accurately by following calibration requirements and calling for repairs
- Must use blueprints to interpret customer requirements
- Must effectively communicate with the Quality Assurance Manager and other personnel within the organization as required
- Complete other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent, or one to two years related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of PPAP’s
- CMM training a plus
- Injection Molding experience
We offer competitive wages, as well as a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Group Health & Dental Insurance | Health Savings Account with Company Match | 401(k) Plan with Company Match | Long-Term Disability Insurance | Short-Term Disability Insurance | Group Life Insurance | Ten paid holidays
For additional information on this opportunity, contact Brooke Pond directly at 815-520-5749. Resumes may be sent confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.